Some of my blog posts include affiliate links. If you purchase an item from one of my links I may receive a commission. Please read my disclaimer for more details.
Writing is a genuine challenge and enjoyable change for me. I want to say that since starting my blog using SiteGround; I have not looked back. Honestly, I am glad I made the decision to start a blog.
If you are making the decision to start a blog, you will need to find a host. By choosing to use WordPress as a self-hosted site you need to find a host like SiteGround. I read blogs and researched other hosts when I chose to use SiteGround.
I’ve used other hosts in the past and SiteGround has been the best. You can start using SiteGround for $6.99 a month. SiteGround is completely compatible with WordPress and the customer service is exceptional.
- Don’t Let Your New Business Fall Short
- How to Make an Extra $1000 a Month
- 9 Things I Learned in 9 Years of Being a Small Business Owner
- How to Stay Motivated While You Build Your Business
- What Does Work-Life Balance Mean to You?
- 3 Necessary Actions for New Small Business Bookkeeping
- How to Make Drop Shipping Work for Your E-Commerce Store
- How to Become a Freelancer with No Experience
- 9 Steps to Make Before Starting a Small Business
- How Tailwind Helped My New Blog
- How to Make Money Using Your Blog
- Helpful Tips to Prepare for Income Tax Season
- How to Work from Home and Make Money
- Semi-Annual Bookkeeping Tips are Important
Originally, when I started my blog, I wasn’t familiar with SiteGround or WordPress and I still started my blog in no time at all. You can begin your journey of blogging within 15 minutes.
If you are new to blogging, I suggest using the StartUp Plan that SiteGround offers. There is no need to spend more until your site grows and needs the additional space. The StartUp Plan allows up to 10,000 visitors to your site.
You will need to pick a domain name for your site. I suggest taking your time to think about the name because you are investing in yourself and the brand that you will create based on your name. Consider the domain name before beginning your site.
GoDaddy has been the only company I have used to purchase domains, so I can’t suggest any others. So far no complaints from me about GoDaddy and their customer service has been outstanding.
Using a SiteGround Domain
If you chose to sign up using a domain through SiteGround, you will fill out the account, client, payment, and hosting information. SiteGround offers you extras that you can choose from. Pick the right ones for you.
Once this step is complete, you will be taken to a completed confirmation page. It is very simple to get started with the option of purchasing your domain through SiteGround. A few minutes of information and you are on your way to becoming a new blogger with your own site.
Signing Up with a Domain From a Different Provider
Joining SiteGround with a domain name from another provider is very similar to signing up with a domain through SiteGround. You will be taken to the account, client, payment, and hosting page.
SiteGround will give you one extra to choose from. The SiteGround site scanner is a monitoring service for your website. This will complete your sign up page.
When you sign up with SiteGround using another provider you will have additional steps to take. I suggest contacting the provider that you purchased your domain from to take the proper steps to initiate the domain through SiteGround.
It only took me a matter of minutes to figure out how to get my domain directed to my site using SiteGround and GoDaddy.
SiteGround Account Setup Wizard
I can’t believe how easy it was to go through the SiteGround Account Setup Wizard. The wizard does all the work for you when installing WordPress. All you have to do is choose the option to start a new website.
The wizard will ask you some questions that you will need to answer about the type of website and software you need. Obviously, we are discussing WordPress, so you will pick the option WordPress in the software section.
Since you will be using WordPress, the wizard will take you to a WordPress login screen that you will need to complete.
WordPress Web Designs
WordPress gives you the option to pick a web design. They have thousands of web designs to choose from. You can choose a free template or pay for a nicer option.
When I first started my website I used a free template; however, I no longer use a free template. WordPress makes it easy to change templates.
- How to Start a Bookkeeping Business with Confidence
- 3 Reasons Why You Need a Bookkeeper All Year
- 10 Simple Bookkeeping Tips to Build Your Business
- Important End of Year Checklist for Small Business
- How to Work from Home and Make Money
- 9 Easy Ways to Gain Control of Your Finances
- The Best Summer Jobs for Students
- Affiliate Marketing for Beginner Bloggers
- The Best Business Ideas for Women Entrepreneurs
- 13 Best Easy to Start Online Business Ideas
- How to Protect Your Online Business Using Legal Templates
Congrats! You Are on Your Way to Becoming a Blogger
Congratulations, you have started a blog! It was painless and easy! Using SiteGround helped me started a blog in a matter of minutes. I am one to research and learn about tools and resources before I get started. If you are reading this, you are too! Start a WordPress blog with SiteGround and begin your writing journey!